Monday, July 9, 2012

EuroLauren (saying goodbye) :'(

Yesterday, when I got home, it was a bitter-sweeet moment. I was excited to get back into the swing of things at home, but I kept thinking of all the memories and relationships we built over the course of the weeks that cause a sort of let-down feeling. Even though all of the thoughts made we sad, one that made me choke up the most was the memory of our last day in Normandie. Seeing everyone so amazed at our video (even seeing some dads choke up) was touching. Then reading Jack's quotes caused a much different emotion... Hilarious! Elle and I noticed that half the restaurant was staring at us, but that's because they wish they could've been having as good of a time as we were :) When we all went to the end of the driving range and we danced to the "Euro Kids theme songs" as fireworks boomed over Omaha Beach was like something out of a movie. Of course, to put the icing on the cake, there was a sliver of the moon peaking out of the clouds as we walked back to the apartments. The major part of the let down feeling I had was realizing that you can never explain these moments to anyone that didn't experience it with you. Or that we will never be able to replicate a trip like this again because it was just too perfect. Thank you to all of the Euro Kids for becoming my brother and sisters. Thank you to the parents for getting us to where we need to go. Thank you Dad and Mom for working so hard to pay for this trip. Thank you Laura for being our "tour guide." And last, but not least, thank you God for such a great opportunity! XoXo, Lauren Lyne Steinke :)

2 comments:

  1. Miss you so much!

    Last night in Normandy was one of my favorite nights too!

    EuroElle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better myself Lauren! We miss you as we continue our journey and can't wait to see you again in the States.

    EuroMom Laura

    ReplyDelete